If you’re anything like me, you LOVE this creamy, crunchy, tangy side dish, but you don’t love the high fat content that comes with the traditional mayonnaise based recipe. 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise boasts 100 calories, all of which are from fat – 11 grams of it, to be exact! Multiply that by however many tablespoons one would normally use per “serving” and you’re getting close to a full meal’s worth of calories in your condiment alone!
A full 5.3 oz cup of fat free Greek yogurt is only 80 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 15 grams of belly-filling protein! It’s the BEST!
Greek yogurt is a wicked good substitute in almost every mayo inclusive recipe – get started with this deee-licious coleslaw recipe and I guarantee you’ll be looking for more!
What You’ll Need…
- 3 cups coleslaw/cabbage blend (about half a bag)
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of citrus zest sea salt (or regular salt)
- pinch of black pepper
What To Do…
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix together until cabbage blend is covered evenly with other ingredients.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before eating.
I made this half-bag batch as part of my Sunday afternoon prep and I’ll be eating it with lunch over the next few days. Share some of your favorite Greek yogurt substitute recipes in the comments below!