Another Sunday Meal-Prep in the books! Sundays are tough, aren’t they? For us Monday-Fridayers, Sunday means the end of the weekend and the beginning of another week on the job. Using Sundays for DIY projects and meal prepping really helps to draw out the weekend for my little family. And it certainly doesn’t hurt to have everything ready to go when I drag my butt out of bed at 6:10am on Monday morning.
I get bored with food. Really fast actually. Leftovers are usually only my thing for one – sometimes two – days. That’s why I force myself to come up with new lunch ideas almost every week! This week I’m going back to the lettuce wraps from last month (Salmon Salad Lettuce Wraps, for those who missed it) but with a new twist! This time I’m spicing up that romaine with chicken, grapes, and a creamy balsamic honey dressing. Yum!
What You’ll Need…
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- dash of garlic powder
- pinch of dried rosemary
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 oz plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
What To Do…
- Sauté chicken breast in olive oil. Drain liquid from pan halfway through. Add garlic powder and dried rosemary and cook until no hint of pink.
- While chicken is cooking, slice washed grapes into halves or thirds and add to a large bowl. Mix in parsley.
- In a small bowl stir together greek yogurt, honey, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt. *If your yogurt is really cold, you may want to microwave the honey for 15 seconds to prevent it from hardening up as soon as it hits the cold yogurt. This will allow you to mix everything together really well.
- Add cooked chicken to grapes and parsley. Pour half of the balsamic honey dressing over this and stir together.
- Spoon 1/3 of your mixture into 2-3 leaves of lettuce for one serving. You can drizzle the leftover dressing on top, wrap them up, and eat! If eating them as wraps is too messy, use a fork and knife to salad-ize it and enjoy in a bowl.
This should make about 3 servings – lunches Monday-Wednesday! Consider adding slivered almonds or crushed walnuts for a little bit of crunch. Mmm!
Have a great week!