Now that Halloween has come and gone I think it’s time to climb back on the proverbial wagon and get super healthy with my meal choices (at least until Thanksgiving day!). Rumor has it that the entire 3 month holiday stretch leaves the office at my new job chock full of candy, desserts, muffins, and other snacks that I really should be staying away from. In order to help me help myself, I’m committing to prepping delicious meals and healthy, filling snacks to help me stay away!
While I’m not committing to the full Paleo lifestyle, I’m trying to incorporate more grain-free options into my meal plan arsenal. Today’s Sunday Meal Prep started off with these DELICIOUS and FRESH lettuce wraps loaded with diced veggies and canned salmon. Cutting the carbs had me nervous that I’d be hungry shortly after meal-time, but with the healthy fats from the avocado and the protein from the salmon, it’s the perfect meal to carry me through to my pre-gym snack!
What You’ll Need…
- 1- 5oz can skinless/boneless salmon in water
- 1/2 a tomato, diced
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/2 a bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp coconut aminos
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt
- lettuce leaves for wrapping
What To Do…
- Dice tomato, avocado, and bell pepper; chop parsley; add to bowl
- Drain salmon; add to bowl
- Add olive oil, coconut aminos, lemon juice, and salt
- Using a fork, gently mash avocado while mixing all ingredients together
- Spoon ingredients onto lettuce leaves, wrap, and enjoy!
Make this your own by adding your favorite vegetables, using canned tuna or chicken instead of salmon, or using another Paleo or non-Paleo option to wrap it all up in! Good luck and happy lunch prepping 🙂